Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 9 minutes
Price: $6.50 per serving
Ingredients, all organic:
- 2 Cups of washed, chopped butter lettuce
- 1 Large Potato
- 2 Tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing
- 2 Salmon slices
- 1 Tablespoon of fish seasoning
- 1 Orange (use the juice to marinate, peeled zest and slices for garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil
- ½ Tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon of Capers
- ½ Tablespoon of chopped red onions
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Skillet to prepare the Salmon
- Microwave for the potato
- Serving Plates
- Sauce Spoon
- Bowl to mix the potato
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of fish seasoning on both sides of each salmon slice. Squeeze the juice of 1 orange in the pan and put orange slices on top of the salmon, along with some slices orange skin, known as the zest. Place the salmon slices in the skillet along with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and cook these for 4 minutes on each side until they are nice and juicy inside.
- In the meantime, place the washed potato in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- Place the chopped butter lettuce on the plates in a circle and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing over each plate.
- Leave the salmon once it’s cooked, to rest.
- Mash the cooked potato in a bowl with a fork and mix in ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of capers and ½ tablespoon of chopped red onions.
- Divide the mashed potato in 2 portions and add one to the middle of each plate on top of the lettuce.
- Place the salmon slices on top of the mashed potato and add a slice of orange to garnish.
Nutritional Fact: Wild salmon is a great source of high quality protein and contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for your heart as well as your skin! Cooking with orange adds vitamin C to your dish including when you add some of the zest (skin of the orange)
Bon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!