Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Price: $5.50 per serving
Difficulty: Multi task (More Pans on the Stove)
Ingredients, all organic:
- 2 Cups of washed baby Spinach
- 2 Cups of steamed rice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Slices of chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon of chicken seasoning
- 2 Lemons (use the juice for the sauce and slices on top of the chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil
- ½ Tablespoon of Boursin
- 1 Teaspoon of Capers
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Skillet to prepare the Chicken
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Wok for the Spinach
- 2 Cups for the steamed rice
- Serving Plates
- Sauce Spoon
- Slice the chicken breasts in to 4 flat pieces. This speeds up the cooking process and it looks like you have a lot more on your plate!
- Sprinkle the chicken seasoning equally on both sides of each chicken slice.
- Place the seasoned chicken slices in a skillet along with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 4 slices of lemon. Cook for 5 minutes on each side to make sure the chicken is well done.
- In the meantime, add 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard, 1 teaspoon of capers and the juice of 2 squeezed lemons in a saucepan, mix together and cook for 2 minutes until it’s a nice sauce. I love to use the left over lemons in the pan as well – I chop them into pieces so that the flavor gets into the sauce.
- In the wok place the washed baby spinach with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and ½ tablespoon of Boursin, cook for 3 minutes and leave to rest.
- Once everything is cooked you can work on your presentation. Start with a cup of steamed rice turned up side down on the middle of the plate then add some of the delicious creamy spinach on top before you continue with the chicken. Make sure you sprinkle some of the yummy sauce over the spinach and rice before you place the chicken slices on top and then sprinkle some more sauce while adding 2 slices of grilled lemon.
Nutritional Fact: Besides the fact that chicken is a great protein source, spinach is full of nutrition, like Potassium, Vitamin B6, B9, E, C, K, Iron, Calcium and Magnesium and lemon is full of Vitamin C and Potassium (which is great for your heart functions)
Bon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!